Jacob Zuma has resigned as President of South AfricaPosted:

Timezone
  • Download Master
Reputation Power: 429
Motto: Next Goal: Tutorial Master
President Jacob Zuma resigned as leader of South Africa on Wednesday evening during a televised address to the nation.

"I resign as president of the republic with immediate effect," he said, "even though I disagree with the decision of the leadership of my organisation ... I have always been a disciplined member of the organisation."

He added: "As I leave, I will continue to serve the people of South Africa as well as the ANC."

In his speech, Zuma emphasised that "no leader should seek an easy way out simply because they could not face life at the end of their term without the perks that come with their political office".

"I fear no motion of no confidence or impeachment. They are the lawful mechanisms for the people of this beautiful country to remove their president.

"I've served the people of South Africa to the best of my ability. I am forever grateful that they trusted me with their highest office in the land, but when I accepted the deployment I understood and undertook to subject myself to the supreme law of the land, the Constitution," he said.

Full Story here

#2. Posted:
KyloCrux
  • Winter 2016
Reputation Power: 650
Sad he is being forced to step down but gives someone else the chance to lead.
#3. Posted:
Reputation Power: 232
Motto: If writings about the nature of reality don't unsettle and disturb you then they aren't doing it right.
KyloCrux wroteSad he is being forced to step down but gives someone else the chance to lead.

"Sad"

He was a genuine moron.

He was accused of sexually assaulting a HIV-positive woman while he was the head of the National AIDS Council and during the trial he admitted that they had intercourse without any protection.
So, to explain this feat of stupidity, he said that he took a shower afterwards to 'cut the risk' of contracting HIV.
This is like the head of Weight Watchers being caught eating a McDonalds on their way home every day but saying it's OK because they force themselves to vomit when they get home.

He took a loan from a bank when they couldn't afford it.
You could say this was their fault, but a smart and kind president would have made sure that one of the banks in his country wasn't going to be left unable to give money to the people in Limpopo because that money was too busy being used by him.

This isn't even mentioning the multiple charges of corruption, fraud, racketeering and money laundering leveled against him.

And he can't count.