GeneralCustom built PC without OS? HelpPosted:

CompleXed
  • V5 Launch
Reputation Power: 6
I ordered a PC without an operating system, as I thought my mate had a disk. turns out he don't have it anymore. whats the easiest way without paying £100 for Windows 10?

Mate mentioned putting his Windows 10 onto a USB then booting it up from that then buying an activation key.. will that work?

New to computers so not 100% sure about everything

Thanks
#2. Posted:
DSC-Shane
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 129
Motto: C11H15NO2 - Happy times
you can pirate it but I can't tell you how to do so because it's against rules I'm sure but if you type your question into google or youtube I sure you will find out how to do it but avoid virus's etc.
#3. Posted:
FourS
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 8
If you have another computer download the Windows Media Creation Tool which allows you to make a bootable Windows 10 drive (Home or Pro) once you do that and install the OS you can get a Key online to Activate it (Windows 10 Home key)

Last edited by FourS ; edited 2 times in total
#4. Posted:
Reputation Power: 16
should work like that bro
get a usb on another pc google how to put it on so it can boot and go in bios on startup and change boot device to usb
#5. Posted:
DSC-Shane
  • 1K Rainmaker
Reputation Power: 129
Motto: C11H15NO2 - Happy times
CompleXed wroteI ordered a PC without an operating system, as I thought my mate had a disk. turns out he don't have it anymore. whats the easiest way without paying £100 for Windows 10?

Mate mentioned putting his Windows 10 onto a USB then booting it up from that then buying an activation key.. will that work?

New to computers so not 100% sure about everything

Thanks
loading his window trial will work then buying your own key and activating. It's just like adding a Windows trial then activating it with your own purchased key.
#6. Posted:
CompleXed
  • V5 Launch
Reputation Power: 6
Thanks for the feedback
#7. Posted:
Reputation Power: 1
Motto: Out Here Slaying
you can buy windows 10 for 10$ on nokey.com
#8. Posted:
BigTunaDaBoss
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 17
Yeah or go on reddit. I bought a windows key on something like windowsexchange or something for 15$ for a pro key.

Edit: Here ya are
reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/
#9. Posted:
Fairfax
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 188
I would just Pirate it but cant talk much on here about it since its against the rules search google or youtube for a tutorial.