GeneralBest VPN/NFO help!Posted:

Reputation Power: 3
Hi I'm new to Vpns and nfos,.can someone tell me what the difference is and also which brand should I get for protecting my xbox one and 360 and home internet from botnets and ddossers?
#2. Posted:
Reputation Power: 17
A VPN secures your computers Internet connection to all of the data youre sending and receiving is encrypted and secured to whatever is connected to the VPN. NFOS(Nuclear Fallout Server) that is a VPS or a VDS, pretty much a virtual server. A VPS is a place where you host things like game servers or even websites. You can use an NFO on a Xbox, but you set up a VPN to use an NFO VDS to connect to Xbox live. Most used for this is OpenVPN. I do not recommend this for a first timer. NFO is pretty difficult to hit off from what I've seen, but still, everything can be hit off. There are many VPN's out there and some of them specialize in DDoS protection. I'ver heard good things about people using VyprVPN on their xbox if you truly want to set one up. Personally, I just don't really see it being useful buying a VPN for playing Xbox, unless you are purposely making everyone mad or doing illegal things.
#3. Posted:
TastyCashews wroteA VPN secures your computers Internet connection to all of the data youre sending and receiving is encrypted and secured to whatever is connected to the VPN. NFOS(Nuclear Fallout Server) that is a VPS or a VDS, pretty much a virtual server. A VPS is a place where you host things like game servers or even websites. You can use an NFO on a Xbox, but you set up a VPN to use an NFO VDS to connect to Xbox live. Most used for this is OpenVPN. I do not recommend this for a first timer. NFO is pretty difficult to hit off from what I've seen, but still, everything can be hit off. There are many VPN's out there and some of them specialize in DDoS protection. I'ver heard good things about people using VyprVPN on their xbox if you truly want to set one up. Personally, I just don't really see it being useful buying a VPN for playing Xbox, unless you are purposely making everyone mad or doing illegal things.

I see and I need a VPN and NFO cuz there alot of ddossers on destiny,bo2,and alot of GB games and I can't afford to lose to a ddosser. This is why I need help in setting this stuff up. Also my team talks smack and I mod time to time for fun and for clients and the skid on the other side decides to boot me offline. So yeah I need a really good vpn or bro or vpn/bro combo
#4. Posted:
Reputation Power: 17
OvO_zeus wrote
TastyCashews wroteA VPN secures your computers Internet connection to all of the data youre sending and receiving is encrypted and secured to whatever is connected to the VPN. NFOS(Nuclear Fallout Server) that is a VPS or a VDS, pretty much a virtual server. A VPS is a place where you host things like game servers or even websites. You can use an NFO on a Xbox, but you set up a VPN to use an NFO VDS to connect to Xbox live. Most used for this is OpenVPN. I do not recommend this for a first timer. NFO is pretty difficult to hit off from what I've seen, but still, everything can be hit off. There are many VPN's out there and some of them specialize in DDoS protection. I'ver heard good things about people using VyprVPN on their xbox if you truly want to set one up. Personally, I just don't really see it being useful buying a VPN for playing Xbox, unless you are purposely making everyone mad or doing illegal things.

I see and I need a VPN and NFO cuz there alot of ddossers on destiny,bo2,and alot of GB games and I can't afford to lose to a ddosser. This is why I need help in setting this stuff up. Also my team talks smack and I mod time to time for fun and for clients and the skid on the other side decides to boot me offline. So yeah I need a really good vpn or bro or vpn/bro combo

Gotcha, if you are using an NFO it needs to be shared to your Xbox. So you are going to be plugging in your Xbox to your PC. You might wanna research it a little bit before you start throwing money at it. If you are setting up the NFO, I would recommend using OpenVPN. If you are going to us just a VPN, I recommend VyprVPN. Another one is ExpressVPN.
#5. Posted:
TastyCashews wrote
OvO_zeus wrote

Gotcha, if you are using an NFO it needs to be shared to your Xbox. So you are going to be plugging in your Xbox to your PC. You might wanna research it a little bit before you start throwing money at it. If you are setting up the NFO, I would recommend using OpenVPN. If you are going to us just a VPN, I recommend VyprVPN. Another one is ExpressVPN.

DO I really have to connect my xbox to my laptop for nfo to work? Can't I just have the nfo on my router and connect my xbox to the router? Reason being because I have my rgh and my xbox one and I don't want to be limtied to only one device that has to connect to my laptop.
#6. Posted:
Mitochondria
  • 2 Million
Reputation Power: 285
Just learn how to forward your connection, OpenVPN was mentioned above; I would recommend you take the time to watch a few videos and read on how to PROPERLY set that up.

Your best bet for some protection would be buying from Vultr/OVH, adding the DDoS protection, and setting up OpenVPN or any other end to end VPN server/client.

Pros/Cons:

Vultr: Good support, reliable uptime, AVERAGE protection up to ~50gb/s or so. Easy straightforward deployment, charge by the hour, so their lowest $5 package is roughly one cent an hour. Can be canceled at any time.

OVH: Good support, slightly faster responses. Reliable uptime, protection upwards of 200gb/s-500+. Similar payment system, been a year since i last used their service, might have changed. Lowest package is a bit pricey, but worth it.

Cons:

To anyone not exactly familiar with CLI or linux, in general, it might be a struggle on both platforms. You will learn as you go.
#7. Posted:
Mitochondria
  • Winter 2016
Reputation Power: 285
OvO_zeus wrote
TastyCashews wrote
OvO_zeus wrote

DO I really have to connect my xbox to my laptop for nfo to work? Can't I just have the nfo on my router and connect my xbox to the router? Reason being because I have my rgh and my xbox one and I don't want to be limtied to only one device that has to connect to my laptop.

Buy a switch, and a ~15-25ft ethernet cable(s) issue solved. You could do router, but that is a whole different process involving the same stuff.
#8. Posted:
Mitochondria wrote
OvO_zeus wrote
TastyCashews wrote
OvO_zeus wrote

Buy a switch, and a ~15-25ft ethernet cable(s) issue solved. You could do router, but that is a whole different process involving the same stuff.
I already have my xboxs wired to my modem/router combo from Comcast it's a arris modem that has a wifi router built inside it. I just need to know how to change the virtual network for it to connect from laptop to router so my other devices like my xboxs will recieve the vpn and NFO service.