GeneralWhat You Can Do About Equifax BreachPosted:

Seam
  • Idea Guy
Reputation Power: 1032
Motto: RIP Kunta
Well I know i'm not American or Canadian but the situation is dire for you guys and a lot of people don't know what to do, considering a huge percentage of you are no doubt affected.

Philip DeFranco gives you great info on what to do, skip to 3:10

You get one free credit report at the link below so you can see where you stand now and can keep an eye/make arrangements.

Links:

Equifax Data Breach:
annualcreditreport.com/index.action
-Call for Credit Freeze:
TransUnion: 1-888-909-8872
Equifax: 1-800-349-9960
Experian: 1-888-397-3742

Be smart and do this now, it could save you.

Also I would keep an eye on Credit Cards etc also since that info had been leaked as well, so make sure you're regularly checking.

I will try to help as much as I can and any Americans/Canadians that want to help each other then post here.

Last edited by Seam ; edited 2 times in total

The Following 1 User Say's Thank You to Seam For This Useful Post:

Maze (09-14-2017)
#2. Posted:
CFO
  • Winner!
Reputation Power: 606
Alternatively live life on the edge and do nothing
#3. Posted:
Maze
  • 1K Rainmaker
Reputation Power: 54
Motto: Gifted by Jay | PM for help | I play Xbox and RS
Read about this right when it happened, but I shouldn't be affected by this.
I do need to talk to my parents though.
#4. Posted:
Seam
  • Idea Guy
Maze wroteRead about this right when it happened, but I shouldn't be affected by this.

A huge percentage(%) of USA & Canada is affected, you may think it doesn't affect you but get them to check anyway.
#5. Posted:
Maze
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 54
Motto: Gifted by Jay | PM for help | I play Xbox and RS
Seam wrote
Maze wroteRead about this right when it happened, but I shouldn't be affected by this.

A huge percentage(%) of USA & Canada is affected, you may think it doesn't affect you but get them to check anyway.

I've already checked, I did when I first read about this. Thank you though!
#6. Posted:
Dusk
  • Rated Awesome
Reputation Power: 1016
Motto: https://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=7722442/remove-the-1-minute-wait-time-on-rep.html
I've had recent hits on my credit report lately that's probably linked to this.
#7. Posted:
Rauben
  • Summer Giveaway
Reputation Power: 135
Motto: Its nice to be nice
CFO wroteAlternatively live life on the edge and do nothing

you know the one risk=reward LOL
#8. Posted:
Seam
  • Idea Guy
Dusk wroteI've had recent hits on my credit report lately that's probably linked to this.

Possibly, since they didn't bother to say anything until 6 weeks after it had happened.

Was a huge breach.
#9. Posted:
TaigaAisaka
  • V5 Launch
Reputation Power: 384
Motto: Pantsu is my Baka <3 Good and bad, I made the promise to stay at your side every step of the way. Also spells my name Yoori now.
I think I got lucky with breach, simply off a police report a while back. Back in December of 2016 I lost my license, Social Security, American Passport and I had my immunization records stuffed into a pocket of my passport. If I didn't have my Russian Passport at home, I would be shit out of luck proving my identity, because my passports act as my ID and birth certificate since my mother either lost mine when we moved to America or still has it with her and we haven't been on speaking terms for 5 years. To this day, nothing has shown up at my address or PO Box and I don't even know where I lost them at. I'm assuming the airport when I was drunk off my ass when I came back from Colorado but the airport said they found nothing. Either someone found it and took it or someone thought it was trash and threw it away. Either way, I had to file a police report and put a fraud alert on my account where if anyone tries to use my social security, I am phoned and need a password; thankfully none of those calls have come in.

That being said, over the past few days, I have had 16 friends tell me to look if I was impacted, as they were all impacted by the breach. I have not been impacted. I honestly believe the police report is what saved my ass, because I'm assuming some extra steps were taken at that point.