GeneralFPS Lag Spikes HELP!Posted:

JessysGFX
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 15
Whilst gaming, my games will run as they should smooth but now and again ill get really bad FPS Lag where my frame rate will drop from over hundreds of fps to 10 fps and below. To then become really laggy
This will probably last around 1 minute then it will go back to normal

Any solutions that work will receive some REP

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz
Harpertown 45nm Technology
RAM
6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (8-8-8-20)
Motherboard
MSI G41M-P25 (MS-7592) (CPU 1)
Graphics
SHARP LCD ([email protected])
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
465GB Seagate ST3500312CS ATA Device (SATA)
#2. Posted:
Z06
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 355
First make sure all your drivers are up to date, also make sure that neither your gpu or cpu throttle at all when you experience those dip
#3. Posted:
JessysGFX
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 15
Z06 wroteFirst make sure all your drivers are up to date, also make sure that neither your gpu or cpu throttle at all when you experience those dip

My Graphics card drivers are all up to date but my CPU has a temp around 75% so i realise this is a problem, any solutions to cool my CPU down?
#4. Posted:
Z06
  • V5 Launch
JessysGFX wrote
Z06 wroteFirst make sure all your drivers are up to date, also make sure that neither your gpu or cpu throttle at all when you experience those dip

My Graphics card drivers are all up to date but my CPU has a temp around 75% so i realise this is a problem, any solutions to cool my CPU down?

75% or 75C

Ways to cool down your cpu, do you have to stock cooler? Have you reapplied the thermal paste recently? Do you have enough air going in and out of the case, are your components and fans/fan filters clean?
#5. Posted:
TastyCashews
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 14
Motto: "Cash me in the Technology forums, how bout dat?"
Yea, 75 is kind of high for a CPU. You might try giving it some thermal paste love and blow out any dust that could be in the heatsink. It could also possibly be your hard drive causing this problem. Your hard drive is more on the low end and it could possibly be failing with bad sectors on it. Whats your hard drive usage looking like on task manager?
#6. Posted:
Z06
  • 2 Million
TastyCashews wroteYea, 75 is kind of high for a CPU. You might try giving it some thermal paste love and blow out any dust that could be in the heatsink. It could also possibly be your hard drive causing this problem. Your hard drive is more on the low end and it could possibly be failing with bad sectors on it. Whats your hard drive usage looking like on task manager?

75 is not horribly high tbh, whenever you start getting into the mids 80's is when i see a concern
#7. Posted:
TastyCashews
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 14
Motto: "Cash me in the Technology forums, how bout dat?"
75 is not horribly high tbh, whenever you start getting into the mids 80's is when i see a concern

oh for sure. I even completely missed that it was an Intel Xeon and those have an average of high 60's and low 70's.
#8. Posted:
r00t
  • PC Master Race
Reputation Power: 1170
Motto: thankyouillsaygoodbyenowthoughitstheendoftheworlddontblameyourselfandifitstrueiwillsurroundyouandgivelifetoaworldthatsourown
ark.intel.com/products/33083/Inte...33-MHz-FSB

If I'm reading this correctly, the CPU should throttle when Tcase is above 67C.