iPhoneiPhone 6 issue +REPPosted:

Reputation Power: 497
Hi, guys. I found an iPhone 6 that I don't use so I'm trying to sell it but it has this slight problem: the charger won't go all the way into the port, only half of the charger will reach the back of the port.

I've read that there could be something blocking the port, I've used many chargers and none of them seem to go in. Has anybody had this issue? And if it were just dirt or lint blocking the port, what did you guys do to remove it?

Thanks in advance for the help.
#2. Posted:
Reputation Power: 19
Have you checked if theres anything blocking in the charge port?
#3. Posted:
-Simplicity
  • Trusted Seller
Reputation Power: 664
Motto: PM me if you have any questions.

You could try using a small q-tip/cotton swab to see if there's any dust or anything in there.
#4. Posted:
Reputation Power: 0
Get a vacum cleaner , attach the smallest hose , put it right against the charging port it will suck in anything that is stuck , it worked for me
#5. Posted:
Orca
  • E3 2017
Reputation Power: 261
Motto: Road to 500 REP
There will be debris in the charging port, you would either blow it out with canned air or a small vacuum cleaner
#6. Posted:
Fibril
  • Supporter
Reputation Power: 459
Motto: Canadian | TTG Supporter | Tech Savvy | Fellow Modder & Helper |
Only thing I've noticed with my iPhone 6 is the front facing camera moved a lil (under the screen) but still works perfectly fine.
#7. Posted:
Travis
  • Video King +
Reputation Power: 1561
Motto: "The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere." - Travis
Can you post pictures of the port possibly?
#8. Posted:
TastyCashews
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 17
Motto: "Cash me in the Technology forums, how bout data?" Kyle is the man!
When I see this issue in the shop, it's usually pocket lint and can be cleaned out with a pair of tweezers or a pick.
#9. Posted:
urBeats
  • E3 2016
Reputation Power: 260
dont stick anything into the port because you might either push it in further or break something in the iphone
#10. Posted:
TastyCashews
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 17
Motto: "Cash me in the Technology forums, how bout data?" Kyle is the man!

dont stick anything into the port because you might either push it in further or break something in the iphone

It will be fine. You'd be surprised how durable those pins are in the charging port. We use a dental pick every single time and have never damaged a charging port doing this in the repair shop I am employed at.