So I didn't see any resources on TTG about how to get a 1.76 firmware PS4, as of now there is debug settings for that firmware. I want to help out but to first start off this thread is 100% credited to: OfficialJesseP <3
About PS4 Firmware 1.76:
PS4 Firmware 1.76 was released on August 20th, 2014. Any bundle released before that date will have a firmware below 1.76.
Some advice when buying a PS4:
- Its easier to ensure you have the right firmware version if get the device new and sealed, not used
- If you get a used console, be careful: expect the seller to update before it is shipped. Same with Local stores also. Make sure to ask first and clarify you want it on 1.76 firmware.
- On Amazon and eBay, the description isn't always spot on. Make sure to ask the sellers for details if possible.
*Amazon has a great return policy. Use it if the PS4 is not the one you expected.
Buying a PS4 new, with guaranteed low firmware:
The best way to get yourself a PS4 with low firmware is to buy one of the old bundles, and get it new. The listings below are old bundles shipping with the old PS4 hardware, which are guaranteed to have firmware <= 1.76, if you buy them new.
On eBay, you can look for PS4 Launch Systems in the Game consoles category. Make sure it is a sealed unit.
- PS4 Glacier White Destiny Bundle
- Battlefield 4 Launch Bundle
- Knack launch Bundle
- InFamous Second Son + Killzone Shadow Fall + Knack Bundle
- NBA 2K14 Bundle
- FIFA 2K14 Bundle
- Dynasty Warriors 7 Bundle
- Dynasty Warriors 8 bundle
- Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag Bundle
- Infamous: Second Son launch Bundle
- Watch_Dogs Bundle
- PS4 Black Destiny Bundle
- PS4 Black DriveClub Bundle
- PS4 Glacier White DriveClub Bundle
- Call of Duty: Ghost Bundle
- Little Big Planet 3 LEGO Bundle
- Watch_Dogs Bundle
- PS4 Model Number CUH-1001A
Additionally, people are reporting that consoles bundled with The Last of us usually ship with firmware 1.76 or 2.03. Get confirmation from the seller before buying those!
Now if there are any other console bundles i missed that come on 1.76 or lower let me know and i'll add them to the list