ConspiracyAstrology: Real or Fake?Posted:

Reputation Power: 491
Astrology is "the study of movements and relative positions of celestial bodies as having an influence of human affairs and the natural world"; in other words, it is the belief that specific alignments of the stars and planets have an effect on what happens in the human race's daily life. In the West, astrology most often consists of a system of horoscopes purporting to explain aspects of a person's personality and predict future events in their life based on the positions of the sun, moon, and other celestial objects at the time of their birth. Astrology can give us a glimpse of a person's basic characteristics, preferences, flaws and fears.

Each of the 12 horoscope signs belong to one of the four elements - Air, Fire, Water and Earth. In the spoil, you'll see some pictures describing the signs and what the dates are for the signs.

In my opinion, I don't believe in this. I see no correlation between the alignment of the planets and stars with the common lives of humans. I've read of so many people who actually let horoscopes dictate how they're going to take on their day, week or month. I find the universe amazing and incredibly interesting but I can't seem to make sense of astrology or zodiac signs or horoscopes.

What are your opinions on the matter? Do you believe in horoscopes and zodiac signs? If you do, why do you believe in it? If you don't, what are your reasons for not believing in it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lily For This Useful Post:

Conservative (08-10-2017), BJP (08-07-2017), Cohle (08-07-2017)
#2. Posted:
Loke
  • Summer Giveaway
Reputation Power: 1841
Motto: You are now everything you want to pursue You are every personality trait you admired, and most importantly, you are in charge
I don't believe in it i think it's just something tomorrow give people confidence it just doesn't make sense to me
#3. Posted:
Mikey
  • All Time High
Reputation Power: 2006
Motto: aka MadMikeysModz
Me personally dont believe in this crap.
#4. Posted:
Cohle
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 218
Motto: A skeleton walks into a bar and asks for a beer and a mop.
James Randi did a brilliant experiment where he handed out horoscopes to a class full of people.
He told them to read theirs and then rate it on a scale from inaccurate to very accurate.

The vast majority of the people in the class rated theirs at the higher end of the scale, meaning very accurate.
He then told them to pass their horoscope to the person behind them and then to read that one and rate it on the same scale.

It took a few seconds before someone said, "It's the same horoscope."

Astrology is a scam and while it is one of the less harmful scams in society, taking only a small portion of people's money, it is still a scam and still plays a small role in reinforcing the delusion that paranormal things exist and operate in this world and it does this based on very little evidence.
#5. Posted:
Mickers
  • Gold Gifter
Reputation Power: 1303
Motto: Give me 20k posts
I'm with everyone else here and I do not believe in horoscopes. Weirdly around social media I see a lot of people that do believe it and even share their horoscope every day... facepalm
#6. Posted:
Echo
  • 1k News Comments
Reputation Power: 335
Motto: TTG Sean was in my car on GTA uJelly ?
No, horoscopes arent on me "Believe it" list, I think alot of people honestly read them just to read them also. I believe in the alignment of planet's and all that stuff that cause blue moon's and blood mood's and all that jazz but horoscope's, na not me
#7. Posted:
Conservative
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 35
Motto: "Facts don't care about your feelings." - Ben Shapiro
Hi wroteWhat are your opinions on the matter? Do you believe in horoscopes and zodiac signs? If you do, why do you believe in it? If you don't, what are your reasons for not believing in it?

I could honestly say, in my opinion, it's all nonsense.

My reasons: