iPhoneIphone 6 Home button BrokenPosted:

Visualized
  • Summer Giveaway
Reputation Power: 29
So basically I have just got given a Iphone 6 with a broken home button that has been reset, and because the home button is broken i haven't been able to get past the 'press home to upgrade' screen.

Anyone know if there is a way through this?
#2. Posted:
Reputation Power: 0
#3. Posted:
iOSx
  • E3 2017
Reputation Power: 125
You have to enable assistive touch for the on-screen home button.
#4. Posted:
SavvyJ
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 132
Motto: Keyboard Warrior, Shoutbox Lurker
the day i got my iphone i added the homebutton feature to my screen for reasons like this
#5. Posted:
Visualized
  • Summer Giveaway
cwagner wrotehttps://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/254082/restored-ios-10-with-broken-home-button

This is what my screen looks like [ Register or Signin to view external links. ]
I cant swipe or anything.
#6. Posted:
RDM
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 23
Visualized wrote
cwagner wrotehttps://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/254082/restored-ios-10-with-broken-home-button

This is what my screen looks like [ Register or Signin to view external links. ]

If you can't swipe then your touch screen seems to be having issues as well as the home button.
I suggest getting this looked at by your local phone technician, and see whats the exact problem. Its hard to tell over pictures then generally fiddling with it in real life.
#7. Posted:
Visualized
  • 2 Million
RDM wrote
Visualized wrote

If you can't swipe then your touch screen seems to be having issues as well as the home button.
I suggest getting this looked at by your local phone technician, and see whats the exact problem. Its hard to tell over pictures then generally fiddling with it in real life.

I fixed it. All i had to do was put it in DFU Mode and reset it
#8. Posted:
Travis
  • Video King +
Reputation Power: 1514
Motto: "The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere." - Travis
You can purchase a replacement here: fixez.com/

They're fairly cheap and easy to install. Just don't go overboard.
#9. Posted:
-Simplicity
  • Trusted Seller
Reputation Power: 653
Motto: PM me if you have any questions.

Seems like you would need to get a replacement on your home button. You should check out any local shops and see if they can offer this. Will definitely be cheaper than going to the actual Apple store.
#10. Posted:
Mikey
  • All Time High
Reputation Power: 2023
Motto: aka MadMikeysModz
You can get it replace by apple but they charge like £50 for a replacement, I would just go get the iphone 7 plus