GeneralIs rep still meaningful?Posted:

Rareparrot
  • E3 2017
Reputation Power: 1234
Motto: Call of duty is for real men. Lnite is for kids.
To me it can still be but its just not as good as it once was. You still recieve rep for doing good deeds on this site. The only negative is that we have rep boosting on this site. You could just ask for rep today and recieve it. Its still a feature i love and always will. Rep is our currency. Rep is how we live. Rep is tasty.

I would love to hear your thoughts on rep.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rareparrot For This Useful Post:

JZX (12-06-2019), -Arkange85 (12-06-2019)
#2. Posted:
DME
Reputation Power: 668
Motto: FIRE WILL REIGN
Many years ago rep was only obtained from helpful answers and high quality posts. It's still pretty fun though.
#3. Posted:
Craig
  • Game Reviewer
Reputation Power: 12102
Motto: "My liver hurts" - Scizor
It's probably the most urgent feature on the site that needs a complete overhaull.

As it stands, rep doesn't mean anything on here, at least it doesn't represent what it should.
#4. Posted:
3CH
  • Resident Elite
Reputation Power: 54
No, it's meaningless. Back during the days of Dimebag and hosters it was what set people apart.
Now it's achieved by sitting in the shoutbox, being friends w staff and gifting gold..
It's not a bad thing. Just don't see anyone putting any weight into it at this point of TTG. It's too far diluted.
#5. Posted:
Vial
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 1668
Its never been meaningful its pixels on a screen if you care about rep then you need to reevaluate your life.
#6. Posted:
MushroomElm
  • V5 Launch
Reputation Power: 127
Vial wroteIts never been meaningful its pixels on a screen if you care about rep then you need to reevaluate your life.

Easy for your to say, YOU GLORIOUS BEACON OF A LIGHT!

But, really, no it's not that important. Been here for years and never really thought about it.
#7. Posted:
XC
  • Trusted Seller
Reputation Power: 2697
Motto: #1 Account Seller for Console & Steam! Have a request? Do not hesitate to send me a Private Message. I have achieved "Rated Awesome" & "Trusted Seller"!
The whole reputation system has gone to hell. It used to be used to divide you between other members on the forums. If you had a lot of reputation, it meant that you deserved it.

Should there be a new system put into place? Yes there should
Should the current system be removed? No, but should be discontinued

Reasons:
A new system would mean that you would have to earn reputation.
The current system would stay in place but would be discontinued therefor, it would never go up or down.

There needs to be a new system put in place for the future of TTG because, who knows where the website will end up.

However, you shouldn't be to worried about reputation as there are plenty of milestones/badges that you can work towards and achieve across the board. That is what makes you stand out from all the rest, think of reputation as a cookie, once you have one, you want more.

#8. Posted:
RiddIer
  • Gold Gifter
Reputation Power: 314
Motto: A TV can insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
Once I get some I'll let you know
#9. Posted:
JZX
  • Summer 2019
Reputation Power: 188
It used to, until fake giveaways, rep fairy, shoutbox rep boosters and more all came along to truly **** up the system.

My rep hasn't changed much since it was still a thing to have, so use mine as a reference. People with ridiculous rep power bars who have been here less than I have must have boosted with friends somehow, intentionally or unintentionally.

FYI I have never really done any giveaways and I have a good post ratio of 1,414 useful posts, 172 unuseful posts

Last edited by JZX ; edited 2 times in total
#10. Posted:
Ninja
  • The Robin
Reputation Power: 2413
Motto: Trying to get 1000 Followers on Xbox add me & I'll love you. @Mischievous
Nope