Masove wroteHey, thank you for your detailed response.
Assuming the GTX/RTX 2060 is priced around the same as a current 1060 6Gig ($300) and the 1060 6Gig comes down in price (Once the new line is released)
Would the 2060 be the obvious option in this choice?
Or would it make more sense to still buy a 1060 6Gig and save some money?
Depends on when the 2060 launches and how it performs. The RTX 2070 is supposed to be launching end of September though, and if that performs well, you should be able to find GTX 1070s at a decent price, which could be the best option.
Masove wroteI will be using the PC for gaming, and occasionally editing travel footage, emphasis on occasionally.
I'd say go with Ryzen or wait for Intel 8th gen then. I just wouldn't feel confident investing in 8th gen Intel right now. I actually went with a 1700x over an 8700k for this exact reason, after already buying a Z370 mobo lol.
Masove wroteAnd thank you for the advice on the CPU cooler, I do prefer the look of the H7/C7 and M9i over the 212 EVO, I always assumed the 212 EVO was just better, but if not, I will then replace the current cooler with either the H7 or M9i.
212 EVO is recommended too much, it's an old ass cooler now. There are just far better options, and Cryorig's options in the $20-40 range are solid. Be Quiet! Pure Rock is another decent option.
Masove wroteAssuming I do wait for both the new line of GPU's & CPU's (Intel), I would then have to wait for a new compatible Motherboard??
Current LGA1151-v2 motherboard should be compatible with 9th gen Intel CPUs. Not entirely sure until we get some more information though, but it's pretty much confirmed that at least Z370 chipset should support 9th gen CPUs. However, we'll see new motherboards launch with the 9th gen CPUs so you could just get a newer motherboard anyway probably.
Masove wroteAlso, just as a heads up, this will be my first ever PC build and my initial move over to PC gaming from console. I think its fair to say that I should wait for all the NEW line of products/components to be released before buying anything?
At this point, I'd personally wait until end of September for new GPUs to launch, or if you'd rather buy now, grab a used GTX 1070 or similar. For CPU, either go Ryzen or wait for 9th gen Intel.