Gunners are fast-moving, high-DPS ranged combatants who never stop to ask questions--they're too busy shooting first! A gunner combines fast-paced play with the strategic use of summoned constructs and positions herself to make use of the best skills for any given situation.
Short and sweet Gunner guide for the non-try hard:
- Gear: base + ~170 in crit factor, put power everywhere else (base + ~150 if castanic)
- Gear rolls: Enraged/Enraged/Damage/Cooldown (add back damage for 5th roll. Armor top line is replenishment (AB if high ping, debatable.)
- Etchings: Energeticx2, (or Energetic/Pumped, pumpedx2 if high ping, again debatable.)
- Crystals: Focused/Savage/Spiteful, Pounding if mystic, Carving if priest
- "Rotation: start with 100% willpower > Bombardment > AB/Replenishment/AB (scattershot if needed) > Balderas's > build willpower > Time Bomb > Burst Fire > Mana Missles > repeat
- Always use Time Bomb before Burst Fire, always use Mana Missiles after Burst Fire
- Try to learn Triple AB.
- Glyphs: Should be pretty self-evident.
With 180 pings, you're at a disadvantage, but not quite like it used to be. Burst fire is not as significant as it once was for our DPS, due to Balder's buffs and Bombardment glyphs, although still very important. In short fights, you won't even notice your ping probably. In extended fights, you might do ~10%-~15% less DPS than a gunner with the same gear but lower ping.
Tips and Tricks for TERA Gunner
#1 Between you and your structure, you are a three-female! Summon your HB and ST items to behave as your healer and tank, then get able to let free with all of the DPS you may muster.
#2 The goal is to provide crit, energy and damage bonus for your gear and glyph.
#3 At all times be on the transfer. Studying to dodge enemy assaults is a good way to discover ways to be certain enemies don't dodge yours.
#4 Lead your opponents along with your Arcane Barrage talent, then detonate it at simply the correct time for optimum impact.
#5 Construct up your Willpower with bombs, Scattershot, Mana Missiles, and Arcane Barrage, then lower free along with your heavy-hitting Bombardment on a gaggle of foes, or unleash a percussive batch of Burst Fireplace into a number of opponents.
#6 Use Bombardment early and sometimes in fights towards crowds or Huge-Ass Monsters! Whereas Bombardment consumes lots of Willpower, each missile hit restores a little bit of Willpower. Then, when the time comes, unleash Balder's Vengeance as the final word ending transfer.