|Resetting Family Settings on Xbox 360 - How To|
Tutorial Name: Resetting Family Settings on Xbox 360 - How To
Category: Xbox 360 Miscellaneous
Submitted By: neildee250
Share: Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr StumbleUpon Del.icio.us Digg Pinterest Google+
There are a few ways to do this, however the codes used vary wildly should you try some of the reset codes out there on Google.
Here is what to do if you buy a console and it has family settings on:
1. Register the product on Xbox.com at the (If the site shows a fault, just gather the information I list and start a chat and the rep will do it for you)
2. and fill in the basic details for a chat representative to quickly read once you have a rep available.
3. Have your Xbox serial number to hand for the Service Rep. You must also provide Name, Phone Number, Email, Postcode and House Address.
4. The Service Rep will give you a combination of buttons to press, once the console has been registered, this is done by pressing the guide button and going into the system info page which is found by navigating to Dashboard->System->System Settings->Console Settings->System Info.
5. If at any time, you hit a wrong button, simply go back 1 page by pressing Red B Button and click on System Info tab again then retry (this is a refresh sequence).
Only the last 4 pressed buttons are different across all consoles and these only change because the LT RT X Y LB RB is used to perform the reset and is not the actual pin that does it.
I originally believed the last 4 digits in this reset procedure were the original pin until today when they included an A in the last 4 digits. You can't use A in family settings pin activation though, so it blows the theory out of the water.
1. The LT RT X Y LB RB are the reset console code
2. The Last 4 Digits could be ANY COMBINATION of these buttons LT LB RB RT Dpad-Left Dpad-UP Dpad-Right Dpad Down X Y A There may even be more such as LS RS
You may get lucky by trying the 4 digit family setting pin, should you have registration problems (like it's registered to someone else already, requiring you to provide faxed or emailed proof of purchase) however, whilst trying the actual global reset, there are more sequences than actually trying to guess the original users family setting pin itself.
Chatting to a rep is faster due to the high combination of sequences available.
Current rating: 2.70 by 386 users