Use Any Image As Folder Icon
Tutorial Name: Use Any Image As Folder Icon
Category: Programming Tutorials
Submitted By: Skates
Hey TTG this is a simple and easy trick if you want to customize your folder icons with any picture you please.
1) If you have Photoshop re size the image, 150x150 works best. Make sure to have a transparent background.
1a) If you don't have Photoshop a simple Google search will do. Google what type of image you want with "ico" at the end.
You want to use the smaller ones that pop up they will be 128x128.
2) Once you have your image head to
3) Choose the picture you wish to use. You can either upload it from your pc or provide an image link. Both work fine.
Then select Convert file.
4) It then will redirect you & automatically download your file.
5) Make a new folder titled "Icons" and save it where ever you want.
Save the picture file into your new Icons folder.
6) Now for the folder you want to change the icon on.
Right click and go to "Properties"
7) Once in properties go to the "Customize" tab and click change icon.
8) Then hit "Browse". Locate your "Icons" folder and select your image. Hit Ok.
9) Now hit Apply & Ok.
10) That's it! Hope this helped and happy customizing! Any questions feel free to PM me @Skates
- 01. [VB.NET] Log Into a Site With... (36)
- 02. [HTML] An introduction to HTM... (99)
- 03. How to get custom folders on... (107)
- 04. C# - Methods (270)
- 05. C# - Nullables (178)
- 06. C# - Arrays (266)
- 07. C# - Constants and Literals. (248)
- 08. C# - Operators (221)
- 09. C# - Loops (325)
- 10. C# - Encapsulation (159)
- 11. C# - Constants and Literals (150)
- 12. C# - Variables. (239)
- 13. C# - Type Conversion (209)
- 14. C# - Basic Syntax. (390)
- 15. C# - Data Types (312)