Hello everyone, upd8 here, and in this topic I'm telling you some ideas you can use for your worlds, to have fun in minecraft.
1. Build a course for you and your friends to play tag in. (I know, may sound stupid, but when you play on peaceful, and with 7 friends, it's really fun if you have a good map to play on.)
2. Build a maze.
3. Build a village. (Not your regular village, make a real village. Or a city, or town, with tall skyscrapers, and buildings with meanings. Like you'll have a bank, and a market, and a laundromat, ect. possible roleplay map)
4. Build a roleplay map. (Like in #3. You can assign each person in your game a job, or an identity, etc.)
5. Follow youtube tutorials and make sweet mansions, and houses. And just make your world awesome! This will get you started out:
6. Make pixel art! There are tutorials on youtube!
7. Make stuff out of sticky pistons, or pistons!:
That's pretty much all the ideas I have, you can create hunger game maps, 4v4 survival maps, but those aren't really that original. Hope I helped in some way.