freeBOOT is a rebooter for the Microsoft Xbox 360. This version of freeBOOT
allows you to reboot into kernel 2.0.9199 on all Xenon, Zephyr, Falcon, and
Jasper consoles, which are vulnerable to the JTAG hack.
This version of freeBOOT no longer requires a second flash memory and will
thus work with all currently existing solutions.
II. Bug Fixes
III. New Features
- updated to kernel 2.0.9199
- now supports all consoles and flashing solutions (ikari)
- removed memory protections (cOz)
Code can be executed and modified anywhere in the range from 0x80000000
to 0x9FFFFFFF. This can be used to create game trainers and will allow
for porting of emulators, which rely on dynamic compilation.
- encrypted DevKit XEXes are now working (cOz)
- includes dash launch patch (cOz)
- keyvault and console signature checks have been disabled (Bliep4Ever)
- LIVE/PIRS/GOD content fully working (cOz)
- internal security breach reports deactivated (Redline99)
- easier image generation process (ikari)
- ibuild can now also generate single flash XeLL and original images (ikari)
In contrast to previous freeBOOT releases, the image generation process has
been made a lot easier. As prerequisites you will need an image of your
console updated to kernel 2.0.7371 and an archive "9199.zip" available
at the usual places.
1. Extract your original image
Extract your original 7371 image with the following command:
> ibuild.exe x -d temp -p <cpu> -b <1bl> .7371.bin
2. Extract "9199.zip" archive
Extract the contents of the "9199.zip" archive into the "data"
3. Copy these files from "temp" to "data" directory
4. Patch SMC
Put a patched "smc.bin" in the "data" directory. For Cygnos360, a
patched SMC can be created with their software. There's also a
collection of patched SMCs available at the usual places. Make sure
to pick the right one for your console.
For other solutions, a patched SMC can be extracted from previously
released XeLL images.
5. Create the freeBOOT image
Finally, create your freeBOOT image with this command:
> ibuild.exe c freeBOOT -c <console> -d data -p <cpu>
-b <1bl> .binimage.bin .binfuses.bin
Replace <console> with either "xenon", "zephyr", "falcon", "jasper",
"jasper256" or "jasper512".